Every business, from SaaS companies and ISVs to traditonal small businesses, experiences growing pains. It’s how you address them that determines your stability and long-term success.
Whereas it‘s easy to focus on working ‘in the business’, for directors and C-Level executives, working ‘on the business’ is often a different matter. This is particularly true of executives in organisations that are transitioning from a start-up with a ‘sales first’ mentality, to a business with an established presence in the marketplace.
It’s your job to ensure your department and its infrastructure is able to effectively function during such times. This means your role will shift away from day-to-day operations, to higher-level managerial concerns. With new pressures and responsibilities, such as laying down the technological foundations for your organisation’s long-term strategy, it can be difficult to know where to start.
That’s why we’ve put together a guide on how to scale up your infrastructure for business growth.
In our guide, we break down scaling up your business’ infrastructure into five parts:
- Planning and communication – maintaining focus, understanding your limitations, establishing requirements and achieving buy-in.
- Processes – reviewing, creating and implementing procedures for maximum efficiency.
- Knowledge management – avoiding key-person dependencies by sharing and transferring knowledge.
- Recruitment and retention - building the right team through effective team management and hiring.
- Compliance and accreditation – preparing for and achieving standards, such as ISO 27001.
By the end of the guide, you will have a clear understanding of the considerations for avoiding growing pains that will impede your business’ ability to meet demand and efficiently scale up. Download the guide here.